How To Claim Tax Back | PAYE Tax Refunds

How to Claim Tax Back

Millions of pounds in tax money goes unclaimed each year in the UK because PAYE (Pay as You Earn) workers don’t know that they are entitled to deductions and allowances.

If you think that you might be due a tax rebate, but aren’t sure how to go about the process of reclaiming your overpaid tax, then we can help! We have created an easy to use guide on identifying the various allowances that you may be able to claim and provided a platform for reclaiming your money.

Why could you be due a Tax Refund?

There are a number of reasons why you may be due a Tax Refund. If any of the following apply to you, then you could potentially reclaim tax which you have incorrectly paid.

Tax Refunds for Uniformed Workers

If you wear a uniform to work then you are entitled to reclaim the tax you have paid for the individual items. Uniform can be anything with a logo, or any item of clothing that’s specific to your job, for example a high visibility vest.

These tax refunds can apply to those who work in the industrial industry, manufacturing, construction, retail, farming and agriculture, healthcare and even the food & beverage industry. Regardless of the industry, use our free tax refund calculator to see how much you could be due.

Money back for cleaning your uniform

You could be entitled to a large refund if you regularly clean your work uniform. The amount you could be able to claim will depend on your industry. We will quickly and easily help you to find out how much you can reclaim. Simply get into touch for a free tax rebate estimate.

Emergency Tax Code Refund

When you start a new job in the UK, you are often given an Emergency Tax Code, which commonly takes a higher proportion of tax away from you. Often reclaiming this tax can be a long-winded process. However, we deal with claims like this on a daily basis, so we can quickly and efficiently communicate on your behalf to reclaim the money which is rightfully yours.

Tax back from an Incorrect Tax Code

It is also common for employers to set an incorrect tax code. If this is the case then HMRC could have been taking more tax than needed. If you think this applies to you, claiming this money back with Tax Returned is simple and easy.

Tax Refunds for Students

It’s very common for students to have issues with tax. With many working multiple jobs and changing jobs often, tax codes can become a complicated ordeal. This often leads to students paying much more tax than necessary. If you are a student and you believe this applies to you, use our free claim form to get started with your tax refund. We will look after claiming your tax refund from HMRC so you can focus on your studies.

If you have recently withdrawn a Pension

Many people look forward to claiming their pension after many years of work. However, HMRC often claim more tax from pension withdrawals than they are entitled to. In one case, Keith was able to reclaim over £6000 of his pension after incorrectly overpaying. The same could easily apply to you if you have withdrawn a pension!

Tool Tax Rebates

Many mechanics, construction workers, engineers and tradespeople are entitled to a “tool tax rebate”. This tool tax refund applies to workers who are both self-employed or working for another company. You can either claim for a flat rate deduction on the amount you have spent, or a specific amount if you have kept your receipts.

How to claim a Tax Refund

Tax refunds are not paid automatically and you will need to submit a claim in order to have your tax returned. By using Tax Returned, we can take care of your tax refund without any hassle. Our tax refund specialists deal with HMRC regularly so we complete the tax refund process in the shortest amount of time possible, so you can get your money back quickly. We have simplified the claims’ process into 3 easy steps:

Step 1: Fill out our Free Claim Form.

Visit our claim form page and fill out the relevant fields. It’s quick and easy to use.

Step 2: Sign your tax refund claim.

We will send you a copy of your claim by post. When it arrives, check over the information and confirm that all your details are correct and sign on the dotted line.

Step 3: Return your Tax Refund Claim for free

Return your signed claim in the prepaid envelope provided. We will then be able to claim the money which is rightfully yours back from HMRC. From start to finish the tax refund process typically takes 8 – 12 weeks. Get yours started today by clicking the button below.

And that’s it. No need to worry, no fuss, no calls, no checking-in required. We do all the rest.

With our no win, no fee guarantee – we are only entitled to a fee if you are entitled to a REFUND.