The matter of tax can scramble even the sharpest of minds. We get it. Einstein said, “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax”. It’s true…of course not that income tax is the hardest thing to understand, but that Einstein said that. If the great genius behind the general theory of relativity found himself confuzzled by the tedious task of tax, where does that leave the rest of us though?
Did you know that millions of pounds in tax money goes unclaimed each year in the UK because PAYE (Pay as You Earn) workers don’t know that they are entitled to deductions and allowances? If you think that you might be due a tax rebate, but aren’t sure how to go about the process of reclaiming your overpaid tax, then you’ve come to the right place! With the sentiment “tax doesn’t have to be taxing” in mind, we have created an easy to use guide on identifying the various allowances that you may be able to claim and provided a platform for reclaiming your money.
First off…why might I be due a tax rebate?
- You are a PAYE (Pay as You Earn) employee, such as a nurse, teacher, chef or receptionist, and you paid income tax in the year that you are claiming for (we can claim back tax rebates for the past 4 tax years).
- You wear a uniform to work. This means anything with a logo, or any item of clothing that’s specific to your job eg a hi-vis vest
- You have to buy, clean, repair or replace your uniform or work shoes at your own cost.
- You have moved jobs and have been on an emergency tax code within the last 4 years.
- You have been issued with an incorrect tax code within the last 4 years.
- You pay union or subscription fees.
- You pay for tools used for your job, or have other work related expenses.
1 in 3 PAYE workers are eligible to receive a refund (that’s big!). If you can tick one or more of the above boxes, that means that 1 in 3 is most likely you.
You can use our free tax rebate calculator to check if you qualify. It will also give you an estimated amount of what you could be due
Now…how to claim your tax back?
These refunds are not paid automatically and you will need to submit a claim in order to have your tax returned. We have simplified the claims’ process into 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Click.
Visit our claim form and complete the online claims form
Step 2: Sign.
We will send you a copy of your claim by post. Check and confirm that all your details are correct and sign on the dotted line.
Step 3: Return
Return your signed claim in the prepaid envelope provided (but hurry -the quicker we receive your form, the quicker we can get you a rebate).
And that’s it. No need to worry, no fuss, no calls, no checking-in required. We do all the rest.
With our no win, no fee guarantee – we are only entitled to a fee if you are entitled to a REFUND.
With nothing to lose, and only to gain…we feel compelled to use the old classic cliché – It’s a no brainer